Visit us on Facebook!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Universal Studios Static Display #1



Before Universal Studios had their K.I.T.T. display over the water, where visitors could sit in him and have a conversation, they had this display. The Trans Am, with blacked out windows and a rear defrost hatch, was perched on a stage and visitors could have their pictures taken in front of him. My guess is that these pictures are from 1983, since the permanent "K.I.T.T. over water" display started in early 1984. Do you have any information or pictures on this display? Let us know!

3 comments:

  1. I got a pic with it back then. I will find it and send it to you. showed the front of the car.
    Scatpack

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see that! Any idea when your picture was taken?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first photo is of my teen brother (Gary Hunter) and myself the little boy (Matthew Hunter) we both love Knight Rider, the photo was taken in 1983 and we now both own our own KITT Replicas as part as Knights of the West Coast Car Club.

    ReplyDelete