Visit us on Facebook!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Original K.I.T.T. #1177 Dash Panels



These dash pieces claiming to be from an original K.I.T.T. car have been a staple on Ebay for the last couple of years. Here's a link to the latest auction:

knight rider kitt original dash buttons prop on screen


So, are they legit?

Yes and No. The title you see is from screen used K.I.T.T. #1177 and is genuine. The rest of the pieces offered in this auction, to my knowledge, were NEVER on the car when it was used in the series. I believe these pieces were installed on #1177 AFTER the series ended. Carl Casper purchased the remaining cars and put them on tour - these panels were part of the modifications done to the car subsequent to filming. So there you have it!

1 comment:

  1. Hello friends!
    I bought these panels.
    And I'm going to install on my new KITT project, inspired by the Tour Cars.
    A big hug from Spain.

    Paquito Custom

    ReplyDelete